- Go Green Products
- Bankers Box Large Storage Box 44762
- Zest Multi Surface Cleaner
- Trodat Printy 4912 ‘ID’ Stamp
- Sanitary ware cleaner
- Hand Sanitizer
- Dishwashing liquid
- Pilot PPL5 HB Pencil Lead
- Pilot Progrex Supergrip Mechanical Pencil
- Pilot V Board Wyteboard Markers
- Rexel Eco Filing Expander
- Rexel Ecodesk Sorter
- Rexel Eco Filing Flap Folder
- Rexel Eco Filing Document Wallet
- Rexel Eco Reinforced Filing Pocket
- Rexel EcoDesk Letter Tray
- Recycled Frisbee
- Tyre mousepad
- Masons A4 Leverarch File
- Rexel Eco -Desk Pen Cup
- Rexel Eco Desk Magazine Holder
- OKI MC 160n
- Canon I SENSYS LBP 7750Cdn
- HP Officejet 7000
- Epson TM-88V
- Pilot V Supercolour
- Bic Evolution HB
- Bic ecolution Tipp-Ex
- Pilot BeGreen correction tape
Save the environment from your office.
Why is it important to Go Green?
For over the past 200 years, the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, and deforestation have caused the concentrations of heat-trapping "greenhouse gases" to increase significantly in our atmosphere. These gases prevent heat from escaping to space, somewhat like the glass panels of a greenhouse.
Scientists have observed that some changes are already occurring. Observed effects include sea level rise, shrinking glaciers, changes in the range and distribution of plants and animals, trees blooming earlier, lengthening of growing seasons, ice on rivers and lakes freezing later and breaking up earlier, and thawing of permafrost. Another key issue being studied is how societies and the Earth's environment will adapt to or cope with climate change.
Longer, more intense and frequent heat waves may cause more heat-related death and illness. There is virtual certainty of declining air quality in cities since greater
heat can also worsen air pollution such as ozone or smog. Insect-borne illnesses are also likely to increase as many insect ranges expand. Climate change health effects are especially serious for the very young, very old, or for those with heart and respiratory problems. Conversely, warmer winter temperatures may reduce the negative health impacts from cold weather.
Rising temperatures will intensify the Earth's water cycle. Increased evaporation will make more water available in the air for storms, but contribute to drying over some land areas. As a result, storm-affected areas are likely to experience increases in precipitation and increased risk of flooding. But areas located far away from storm tracks are likely to experience less precipitation and increased risk of drought. In the U.S., warming is expected to cause a northward shift in storm tracks, resulting in decreases in precipitation in areas such as the Southwest U.S. but increases in many areas to the north and east. However, these changes will vary by season and depend on weather fluctuations.
How do I choose Go Green Products?
Various factors to consider when choosing eco-friendly products:
- The lighter a product is the fewer raw materials are used to produce it.
- The longer a consumer can use this product the less he has to buy a new one, so the fewer raw materials are used.
- Local manufacturing shortens the supply chain for products, resulting in less transportation fuel and less environmental impact.
- The longer you can use a product the better it is for the environment.
- Recycled products use fewer raw materials from non-renewable sources:
- Recycled plastic for the writing instruments and recycled paper for paper based accessories
Some key issues to know about:
This is waste which manufacturers would throw away in the course of the manufacture of the product.
This is waste that the end user throws away. This product would end up in a land fill site.
The Forestry Stewardship Council is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests.